Tuition, Housing and Dining Appeals

Tuition, Housing, and Dining Appeals

The Tuition, Dining and Housing Refund Appeals Committee cannot consider requests for refunds without documentation. It is your responsibility to submit the documentation. Appeals submitted without documentation will be returned to you. Please read the following instructions before submitting a request for a refund:

  • If you are requesting a tuition refund because of extraordinary circumstances, you must provide documentation, on letterhead, from your doctor, employer, or other professional who is directly involved with your situation. The documentation must state clearly that you are unable to pursue your studies at this time. This does not automatically guarantee that you will be granted a refund.
  • If you are requesting a refund of a fee (Ex: housing charges, dining charges, etc.), you must include documentation such as copies of financial aid paperwork, scholarship award agreements, or any other documents that you believe clearly support your request.
  • Tuition refunds for courses in which you receive a grade, other than a “W”, will not be considered for a refund.
  • If you request a tuition refund because you believe an error was made in your registration, you must first complete an Academic Petition. Active students can access the Academic Petition through Banner Self Service. Log onto 49er Express, then click on Banner Self Service. From there select Students Services/Student Accounts> Student Records> Academic Petition for Undergraduate or Graduate students. Inactive students will be required to file a paper-based Academic Petition which is available to undergraduates and visiting students online at Graduate students must contact the Graduate School to obtain a Special Request Form.
  • If your academic department and college recommend the corrections to your academic record, you may then submit an appeal for a tuition refund. Adjustments to your academic record do not automatically guarantee a refund of tuition or fees

For further information regarding an appeal of Housing related charges click here.

Click here to go to the official Tuition, Housing, and Dining webpage to submit an appeal.